Reclaiming Sanity: Available Now!
Reclaiming Sanity: Hope and Healing for Trauma, Stress, and Overwhelming Life Events by Dr. Laurel Shaler (Published by David C. Cook, 2017).
With a girlfriend’s companionship and a professional counselor’s expertise, Dr. Laurel Shaler walks readers through personal stories and biblical insights that shed light on daily and traumatic stress. In Reclaiming Sanity, she shows:
- How to find freedom from the past
- Five myths about anger and how to overcome them
- The antidote for nagging worry and sleepless nights
- Ways to rebuild trust in others
- How Christ gives true strength
Offering effective action steps toward reclaiming sanity, Dr. Shaler guides readers through the healing process, whether they are dealing with a one-time traumatic event or years of hidden pain.
Read more about #ReclaimingSanity on the Bible Gateway Blog
- Adoption and Infertility
- Crisis, Trauma, and Posttraumatic Stress Disorder
- Emotional Well-Being of Women
- Friendships Among Women
- Help for the Frustrated Female
- Pre-Marital and Marriage Counseling
- Mental Illness Among Christians and Response by the Church
- Military and Veterans Issues
- Reclaiming Relationships
- Self-Care (It’s Not Selfish!)
- Women Developing an Abundant Life in Christ!
- Shaler, L. & Wood, S. (2017). Fostering Friendships. Just Between Us, 27(2), 16-17, 45.
- Shaler, L. (2016). The social implications of post traumatic stress disorder. In Randal W. Summers (Ed.), Social Psychology: How Other People Influence Our Thoughts and Actions. Santa Barbara, CA: ABC-CLIO Publishers.
- Shaler, L. (2015). Self-care is not optional. Therapeutic Speakeasy, 1(3), 4.
- Shaler, L., Hathaway, W., Sells, J., & Youngstedt, S. (2014). Correlates of anger among
Operation Enduring Freedom and Operation Iraqi Freedom veterans. Journal of Military and
Government Counseling, 1(3), 136-151.
- Shaler, L. (2014, May) YOU – Wonderfully Made. Journey by Lifeway.
- Shaler, L. (2013) Penned from the Heart: Volume 20 (Compiled by Marilyn Nutter). Son-Rise Publications, New Wilmington, PA.
- Shaler, L. (2013) Abortion Aftermath: Beyond the Statistics. Blog (http://beaconwealth.com/2013/09/september-2013-true-wealth-spotlight/)
- Shaler, L. (2013). You’re My Hero. Military Counseling Initiative, 1(1), 4-6.
- Shaler, L. (2013). Is Your Anger Helping or Hurting? P31 Woman, 4, 10-11.
- Shaler, L. & Wood, S. (2013). Anger and Betrayal: The Emotional Toll of Pornography. EW Magazine, 5(2), 28-31.
- Shaler, L. (2013). You’re My Hero. E-Report ACEG, Association for Counselors and Educators in Government, 2(1), p. 4.
- Shaler, L. (2011). Correlates of Anger Among OEF/OIF Combat Veterans. Dissertation